Debra Spring is an innovative, experienced, and trusted leader with a proven track record of enhancing and creating operating opportunities for nonprofit organization and large projects.
Spring built the Detroit Head Start program to serve more than 2000 children, over 200 employees in Southwest and Southeast Detroit. She has worked to create a systems-based quality and compliance operation for a Troy nonprofit including project management, systemized client files, reporting documents and major events.
Spring is an advocate for education, particularly for young children, community involvement and community events to support needs including, culture & diversity, education, literacy and resource building. She truly believes people working together can make a difference in communities and for
all children and families.
- Work with non-profit organizations to develop compliance systems, professional development designs, reviewed and written policies and procedures and other operational systems for quality operations.
- Trainer locally, statewide and nationally to support education, children,
families and community helping participants understand policies, regulations and inspiring them to make a difference.
- Lead instructor for Transition To Success (TTS™) a training model which brings individuals and organizations together, supports the design of networks and partnerships to maximize resources while working towards the reduction of the social determinants of health supporting the elimination of poverty and truly serving the children and families of our communities.
- Administration & Management
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Quality Assurance
- Managing day to day operations
- Developing and implementing Board Governance
- Problem Solving Skills & Critical Thinking
- Public Speaking – Strong Communication skills
- Strong Grant Writing skills
- Contract Negotiation
- Strategic Planning
- Over 35 years’ experience in working with diverse client population; cultures, staff and boards